I just had back-to-back conversations around “not having enough time” and “I’m afraid because….” Both conversations were grounded in negative stress. Solving for long term stress relief requires a desire to take action against having stress (yes, there are some who actually like being miserable). Here are 10 steps to help you get started on stress reduction:
- Find your intuition and listen to it. Always trust your gut instinct.
- Determine a daily slogan to support your beliefs.
- Try remembering that every problem has a solution. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
- Find 30 minutes for yourself in the morning and set the tone for the day.
- Pause every hour, take deep breaths, and take control of the “noise” in your life.
- Give yourself and others a margin to mess up. Everyone makes mistakes; no one is perfect.
- Take control of what you can control. Say no.
- Manage your time to become more efficient.
- Talk to someone about what might be causing the stress. If you cannot change the situation, you may need to accept it.
- Prevent future stress by adjusting standards in areas of life that don’t need to be perfect all of the time. Give yourself permission to adapt.
Working with a Life Coach can help you take control of that which controls you. Request a complimentary session today: email@example.com